Making Marlow-family-traditional “Blizzard Cookies” today in the snowstorm and I was reminded of an early post I did years ago (on my first blog, now defunct). The recipe for Blizzard Cookies is below for your own snow day enjoyment. 🙂
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
5 Tbsp butter
7 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Spoon flour into a small bowl. Add baking soda and salt.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
3. Stir cocoa and sugars into the butter. Will have a coarse sandy texture.
4. Add yogurt and vanilla to butter mixture.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir until combined.
6. Drop by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto a sprayed cookie sheet. (Or use parchment paper.)
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans for a few minutes before removing. (They will firm up when cool.)
8. Best enjoyed after playing in the snow or shoveling. 🙂